It may surprise most homeowners that to give your house a makeover, all you need is just a new coat of paint. Simple, yes, but the doing can be quite tough. It’s a labor intensive work and you may need to brainstorm a little for some interior painting ideas. However, it’s best to consider the reasons why you are doing this. Interior painting can take many days to complete and it requires a lot of energy to complete the whole job. Painting itself is exhausting work and if you don’t have enough reasons to do the work, your interior painting ideas may fall apart and the painting halts midway. So why are you doing this? Is it:
- Your neighbor is doing it
- Your walls are dirty
- Your children have painted the walls with crayons
- Your spouse cannot sleep at night because it’s the wrong color
When you get the reasons right, it will be easier to see everything through and you will become more creative and you may develop insights to giving your home a new makeover. You may think about patterns on the walls, or use sponges to leave decorative marks on the wall, or create patterns with stencils and stamps.
A fresh new coat of paint can transform the exterior of your house. The appearance and value of your house will improve and the paint will also provide many added benefits to the lasting quality of your home. Peeling, blistering, chalking, and rust, mildew, cracks and chipping are some of the most common exterior paint problems.
The following procedures will be applied as necessary to your particular job under normal conditions:
- All furnishing and floors will be covered and protected as needed
- Walls will be scraped, patched, and sanded.
- Wall and ceiling cracks will be filled with joint compound and sanded smooth
- More advanced cracks will be spackled and sanded smooth
- Glossy surfaces and trim will be sanded and cleaned to assure proper paint adhesion
- Rough areas due to previous paint failure will be sanded and scraped
- Cracks in wood trim and along wall/trim interface will be caulked
- Work areas will be cleaned and vacuumed, and debris will be taken away
- Upon completion, left over paint will be labeled and left at the job site
- Worker(s) will remain on job until completion of project